There is a tendency for riders to ‘hold’ a little too much during the downward transitions. And while the half halt is essential to the preparation and transition itself… Too much can lead to a very ‘stuck’ feeling when the horse actually makes it into the new gait! A little like ‘stuck in the mud’.
In this episode, I am releasing a Connection Bonus Live Call from June 2021. This is due to an ongoing hoarse voice! I hope you enjoy the ‘episode’ and that it is useful for you in your riding.
The focus for the month inside of Connection was self-carriage through downward transitions. In this particular call, I discuss ‘releasing the handbrake’, especially through the seat and hands, while riding the transition. I do hope that you find this helpful for your downward transitions.
Get All Of The Training
Join Connection today and get all of the audio horse riding lessons on this topic (and all the others I mention here today) to begin using in your riding. Everything comes straight to your phone, via a private podcast feed. There’s also extra bonus live training (like the excerpt above), live Q&A and so much more. All the details are over at https://stridesforsuccess.com/connection
- FINDING MORE TIME TO RIDE WORKBOOK
- Connect in the Mindset & Fitness for Equestrians Private Group
- Connect in the Virtual Stable Lounge Private Group
- Connection; the online membership for riders working alone without a trainer or coach
- Improve Your Canter – 4 Week Self Study Online Program
- Groundwork for Riding – 4 Week Self Study Online Program
- Lunging for Riding – 4 Week Self Study Online Program